1. "Humility" and "the fear of the LORD" are two sides of the same coin, one side looking at self and the other side at God—with reverence for Him - Dr. Thomas Constable
2. A person who continually has to explain and excuse his actions tips his hand: he is probably trying to cover up something bad that he has done - Dr. Thomas Constable
3. "No lesson is harder for some of us to learn than that of confiding all our affairs to the hands of the Lord, especially when we feel we have been wronged and ill-treated." - Allen Ironside
4. "Persons who keep their tempers in check not only refuse to start quarrels no matter how badly they are baited, but they also are ready to intervene the instant someone else ventures to start one."
5. "The prudent person who cares for his "honor" ceases striving when the strife becomes passionate, and he removes himself from it" - Dr. Thomas Constable